Monday, February 13, 2006

Sad Day for Cowboys

I don't know where I have been lately. Perhaps I was kidnapped by aliens or something. Normally I am up to date on college basketball news - especially news about my 'boys. However, the news that Eddie Sutton was in a car accident and missed the A&M game on Saturday really surprised me. Thank goodness for friends who fill me in. Imagine my shock and extreme sadness to learn that Eddie is going to miss the remainder of the season in order to take a medical leave. I know that Eddie is in declining health and that there is a question as to whether or not he is still using alcohol, but he is one of the best coaches in NCAA basketball and he is 6 wins short of 800 career wins. I really want him to reach that mark and I would hate to see his career end right now. As a HUGE OSU basketball fan - one who has stuck by my team through good years and bad, I sincerely hope that the players and coaches are able to go on and play this season out to the best of their abilities and I hope that Eddie returns next season.

In other news, Quinn Snyder left Mizzou? Another piece of news that I missed last week. I know that he's a notorious womanizer, but he's a decent coach. I know the team hasn't been that great lately, but give the guy a chance. Of course, we don't really know what is going on there. But as part of the Big 12, I have to look out for the future of the conference. I think Mike Anderson would be an excellent replacement, although I'm sure UAB would disagree.

This basketball season has been full of excitement. Can't wait for the Madness! Go Pokes!! Let's have a great February and March for Coach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home