Saturday, January 14, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

I haven't made a resolution since high school. I just really hate the idea of them. Why make all of these resolutions that just set yourself up for failure? If I am going to improve or change my life in some way, why wait until the new year begins? Why not seize the day and change in June or August or whenever I realize a modification is in order? Well, this year I let my friend make a list of resolutions for me to carry out. Some of them I liked - like learning to change a tire. How many times have I said, "I wish I knew how to change a tire?" Others, like going to more parties, I didn't like and changed. So I've learned that it's not a good idea to let others make your resolutions. Otherwise you are resolving to do things that you didn't want to do in the first place and that aren't going to make your life any better anyway. Next year, no resolutions. I'm going to live day to day and work on one thing at a time. I'm not going to measure my success or failure by checkmarks on a piece of paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home