Sunday, January 15, 2006

Changes

People that know me well realize that I HATE change. I like things exactly as they are. I dread the new school year because new people will come in, social groups will change, and things will never be the same. I love routine and monotony. That's just how I am and I am comfortable with that. Of course, I love to do fun things that are new - like traveling, trying new restaurants, etc. But in my everyday environment - no change! I realized this weekend that while some change is ok, changing the menu or quality of food at restaurants should be a big no-no. I went with some friends for a celebratory dinner to a Mexican restaurant in town. This place used to be pretty good (well, at least until I had Mexican food throughout New Mexico). Now it's the only Mexican restaurant in town (not counting Qdoba) and the quality has declined. There is nothing worse than going in, mouth watering, ready to eat what you know will be a good dinner. Then the food comes and it looks like a microwaved tostada sitting on your plate. If it's not broke - don't fix it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home